About Me

Queensland, Australia
I cook, I scrapbook, I like to sing, I clean more than I'd like to.My newest passion is photography. I do not sew. I have a very full house and a very busy life and that's the way I like it. (Most of the time.)

Thursday, September 18, 2008

How Is It Possible?

What do you mean it's been more than a month since I've updated my blog?? How is that possible??


I just feel like life has been flying by and I've been meaning to get around to it but then the day just disappears.


Anyway, I guess I'd better get into it then.


Harrison's birthday - a whole months ago??? We didn't do much on his actual birthday. His party was simple but a hit with the kids. We set up a couple of toddler pools and let the kids splash around. We also had a finger painting station for the older toddlers. The cake turned out great. The design was completely stolen from someone else. I googled Very Hungry Caterpillar cakes and heaps of different versions. I liked this one the best. Thank-you to the blogger who shared her babies cake with us all :)


Some photos:The Caterpillar CakeTh caterpillar wouldn't have been enough to feed everyone so we did another cake which is based on the design on the inside cover of the book. Thanks again to Google.For the take home gifts I did disposable sippy cups with some bubbles, some healthy treats a balloon and a toy

We let Harrison eat the head of the CaterpillarLastly, Harrison enjoying the water play.

In the last month Harrison has also had his first haircut!! Lets just say he didn't enjoy the experience, Before:During
AfterI think she did a great job considering how wriggly he was. Eventually he became fascinated by a woman behind us getting some foils so he was still enough for the hairdresser to fix it up.
I've also been doing daycare full time for the past couple of weeks. I understand what it's like now to have twins. Alot of work. Plus Harrison has been jealous and naughty.
So much more I'd like to say but I have one small boy at my side whinging and saying 'Up, up, up' so I'm going to have to cut this short and fill in the details later. Hopefully I'll get the chance to do some reading catch up later. :)


No comments: