About Me

Queensland, Australia
I cook, I scrapbook, I like to sing, I clean more than I'd like to.My newest passion is photography. I do not sew. I have a very full house and a very busy life and that's the way I like it. (Most of the time.)

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Avoiding the catch up

I've finally come to realise that the reason I've been avoiding blogging lately is because I was so overwhelmed by the idea of trying to catch up. Every time I'd think about blogging, my mind would be flooded trying to remember the million and one things that have happened since last time so I've decided to ditch the catch up. Ahhh, now i feel better. It's so much easier to just start fresh.

I've had no computer for the past couple of weeks and it feels like forever. It's been with the repair man while he tried to do everything he can to make it faster, including replacing the hard drive and while the computer itself responds to most things faster the one thing that i really wanted it to change remains the same....it takes me what feels like years to open posts in my favourite TWW forum :( So sad. Therefore it must be the sight lagging and not my machine which is so disappointing because there is so much I want to read but I don't have the patience to wait forever (in reality probably a minute or so but when you want to read 50 posts that's a long time) for each post to open. What to do, what to do?? I most certainly CANNOT abandon the forum. That would be like asking me not to breathe *gasps* but I've been visiting that sight sine before I was pregnant with Harrison. It's like an extra limb. The only solution would be to move towns to somewhere that has super high speed internet available so the lagging isn't a problem :)

Some exciting news..............we have babies!! Our dog Reba had puppies while we were camping. So we now have 6 cute little babies!! Luckily (or not, I'm not quite sure really) we had taken her camping with us. We knew of course that she was pregnant but because we didn't mean for it to happen, we weren't quite sure when she was due. We had separated her and our dog for what we thought was her heat and when we found out she was pregnant we assumed that they must have done the deed right at the beginning of her heat before she started bleeding which would have meant she was due around now. A dogs gestation is generally about 63days long and her having them when she did means she was fertile over a week before she started spotting!! Something we'll have to watch for in the future. Anyway, not much we can do about it this time around. I'm sure we'll find homes for them easily enough when the time comes. Our bitch Reba is a straight CatahoulaXBull Arab. There were ten puppies in her litter and every single one of them threw to Catahoula colours. Now Reba has mated with another Arab which makes these puppies 3/4Arab 1/4 Cat yet 5 out of the six pups have thrown back to Cat colours again. That's some strong genes. I've got some photos on the camera that I haven't uploaded yet but I'll be sure to post some when I do.

In other news I'm off to Cairns next week to do some Christmas shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, real shops, real shopping, big spending spree to boost the economy ;) Vivienne is coming with me as an early birthday present. She's super excited and has been saving pocket money and writing shopping lists for weeks. Of course Harrison is coming too and my Mum is coming up to Cairns for the weekend to see us. It will be a hectic trip of usual but it's always good to get out of here and experience the rat race for a few days.

That's it for now, I'm off get my lunch out of the oven. Being naughty today. Wedges with sour cream and sweet chili. YUM!

No comments: